Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hocking Hills


When I was young I had fond memories going camping in Aspen Grove, Utah.
It was a Magical place, a place I thought, where fairies could live.
Hocking Hills is that place for my kids.
We enjoyed exploring some of the trails and then headed to the campsite where friends were going to camp.

Cute friends!

My Favorite thing, the Fire!

Spencer broke out the dutch-oven and made some yummy APPLE CRISP.

The girls HIGHLIGHT is always the smores.

Here are the ladies of the night.
(minus Stacey Anne who wasn't there yet and Lacy was setting up her tent)
Thank you Kristie (middle) for organizing the event

We didn't get to actually sleep-over since Spencer had a endo golf scramble today, but we sure had fun staying late... and then sleeping in our own beds. Hopefully next summer we will start the camping thing with the our kids.

4 comments:

Angie Startin said...

Awww.. Hocking Hills is our place! Well, that and Easton :) I am glad you had so much fun...wish we could have been there!

Holbrook Family said...

Sometimes that is the best way to camp. That place is beautiful! I hope you had a good weekend.

Salty Incisor said...

I just found your blog randomly. Hey we were married exactly a week before you in SLTemple and have a 7 yr old almost 8 a five year old and a three year old.
Your blog is nice and so are your pics. I have been a blog slcker lately. but running across blogs like yours is inspiring. Good Luck.

Laurie said...

I love that place. I am glad you are enjoying all the best of Ohio. What fun to have friends to go enjoy the outdoors with. I love the new pics on the side of your cute kiddos. Evan is getting too big. One more month till nursery. I can't believe it!