Monday, November 3, 2008

CONGRATS SPENCER!!!!

Today Spencer was accepted into the GRADUATE ENDODONTICS PROGRAM at both Oregon and Ohio.  Oregon called first and I couldn't have been more EXCITED!!!  I have always wanted to live in Oregon and I thought this would be our chance.  Then a few hours later Ohio State called and I knew my dream of living in Oregon was gone  (Angie S. I am so sad), but my LOVE for OHIO goes deep and it will feel like going home moving back to Ohio for TWO years.  
We will be moving the end of June... oh, the thought of packing up all our stuff and driving the LONG drive back to Ohio sounds painful.  I don't even want to think about how much I will MISS our friends here in the Springs, namely the Morrills.  But I will try not to think about that stuff yet since we have awhile.  
Since Spencer has graduated from Dental School last year we have been trying to figure out what our next step would be.  We love living here in Colorado Springs and who knows we might come back after he graduates, but we have just felt like there is more for us to do before we settle.  I guess now we have our answer, two more years of school.  Since we have been in school for pretty much our whole marriage another two years sound fine, plus the bonus of two more seasons of Ohio State football.  GO BUCKEYES!

15 comments:

Heather K said...

That is our dream, to move back to Ohio. Maybe one day it will be a place where we can move back to, but we are so excited for you guys!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you guys! How fun to move to a place you already know and love. We are super happy for you!

Jennie said...

Wow, I had no idea that was a possibility! How cool that you guys get to go back. I know, the thought of moving is not a pretty one, but I can't WAIT until we can move in the spring. Congratualtions Spencer!

theSwensenFamily said...

Congratulations, Spencer! That is so awesome! We would have LOVED having you guys in Portland! I think you would have loved it here... but you can't go wrong with Columbus. Such a great place to live! Mark wants to come back for a game for sure! Amy, I totally feel for you with the move and all but how fun to be off on another adventure! We are so happy for you guys! Just keep Oregon in mind for later.

Holly said...

That is exciting. I will pass the word along to Tommy. He will be so proud of him.

Angie said...

Yeah! But sad too that I am gonna loose you when we just started to get to know each other.

Karen said...

Wow! That was a fast turnaround :o) But what a fun place to go back to... Congrats, you guys!

Sid said...

That is so exciting amy! i am glad you got to go where you wanted to that is awesome!

Mariel said...

What?! What is endodontics?? I had no idea y'all weren't done...so back to Ohio! Crazy! When do you leave?

Love the Halloween costumes! Your girls look awesome, and I could eat the hot dog! You are one hot scary woman!

Sharlynn said...

Congrats! That is exciting. I hope the journey goes smoothly and painless. Good luck to you all!

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions for you guys! Nothing is ever the same as Ohio =) Good Luck!

Richard said...

Spencer - I knew you were going to get in! What an exciting thing for you guys!!!!!!!!!! You will find specialty school much more inviting than dental school. I miss Columbus, and I haven't even lived there! My Buckeye classmate will be very excited - I'll have to tell her.

Love
Rich

BRENT said...

We are so HAPPY for you and so SAD for us. Life will change drastically without you near.

Kortney Manning said...

Wow! Another adventure for the Elmore's! Half to admit, we are a tiny bit jealous of you guys. Congrats, Spencer! When we come back next fall for a football game, we will have really great friends who will host us :)

Robin said...

This is the best news I've heard today! I hope you'll consider our side of town this time!
Yip-ee!!