Sunday, November 16, 2008

NO bEaRs.... Go CoUgArS

Saturday morning I went hiking with a group of ladies on a trail by my house.  Thank you Angie for organizing it.  It felt great to get up early and enjoy the fresh air, without worry about dressing, feeding, and taking care the kiddos.  The trail we hiked, I later found out, was the same trail Spencer almost ran into a bear mountain biking months ago.  I know many of you have heard the story, since then I have been a little nervous to run in that area.   But no worries we saw NO BEARS and most likely never will.  Maybe Spencer made it up.... ha ha just kidding Spence I know it happened.  




Later that day we took Evan to his first football game, BYU vs Air Force.  A friend in our ward had gotten us tickets, along with a ton of other people in our ward.  It was great to be surrounded by so many friends.  I  didn't really care who won since we have ties to both teams but we decided to cheer for BYU and happily they won.

8 comments:

Schmid Family said...

Evan is getting so big. He is a handsome little devil.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I can't believe we missed you guys! Wish we would've run into you! It looks like we were sitting pretty close! The hike looks beautiful and I'm glad you didn't run into any bears!! Love your cute hat!

Teri said...

Yea! No bears. Holy crapo, I think I would have peed my pants if I saw a bear where I was running.
I love going to football games, not so much just watching on TV. My bro is always very confused when it comes to BYU Air Force games, he graduated from BYU and teaches at Air Force. He wears garb from both schools. Good job to root for the winning team though. Evan is getting so big, look at those teeth. What a cutie!

The Neeleys said...

What cute pictures at the game! And Congrats to Spencer - We are so excited for him(and a little jelous you get to go back to O-H...I-O)How exciting! I love all the pictures of your cute family....Halloween, hiking, at the game -so fun! Maybe we will all have to have a reunion and go to a buckeye game.

Mariel said...

That is a great tree! And...bears...the one time I came within 10 feet of a bear was in no less than...Colorado! It was crazy. Just a little black bear...but he was outside our hotel and I rode my bike right up to him (only because I didn't know he was there).

When are you guys moving?

The Morris Family said...

Cute pics & I cannot beleive how big Evan is getting. Time sure flies. Love the hat!! Derek said you guys are coming for Thanksgiving. we need to get together if you have time. I know it will be a short trip so maybe Christmas would be better?!? Let me know what works for you guys:)

Simply Selph said...

Are you really moving back here? OMG i couldn't be more excited!! The WWW awaits you and your old callings-Theran says J/K. Call us and let us know where you are going to live and what we can help you with. Yea!!! and congrats on your new boy. I am so behind the time, I haven't been on line in like a year. He is beautiful! What an amazingly beautiful family you have!! There is a family in our ward that is in the endodontics (sp?) program right now. You could give them a call. Call us and I'll give you their number is you want it. Yea! I can't wait to see you guys!! Janine

Anonymous said...

I emailed you some pics from last week. It was so good to see you!