Monday, April 11, 2011

Another persons trash...


Has become my treasures.
Two weeks ago while driving through neighborhoods
in Chesterfield, Missouri,
we drove past a house that caught my eye.
Well, their trash caught my eye.
I noticed an old suitcase, childrens rocking chair,
& two old window panes.
I made Spence turn around and I put them in our car.


I was shocked when I cleaned up the rocking chair
and nothing was even wrong with it.
The suitcase I decided to leave at my brother's house
until we move out there.
I couldn't wait to get home
& work on the two window panes.
I haven't done any projects for a looong time
& this one was really fun.


BEFORE:


AFTER:
I painted a tree on the back side of the glass, covered it with material,
& then just screwed in some hooks.
The whole project cost me less then 10 bucks.
And it looks so cute in my girls room.
Now I just have to finish the second one.



5 comments:

Sid said...

so cute amy! you are very talented! i wouldn't even know where to beging!

Britni said...

Look at you! Love the creativity :) It turned out adorable!

Libby said...

Awesome! Look out Martha Stewart, good luck with your move!!

Candi said...

Very Cute!!! I love other people's trash too! It is so fun to see what you can do with it! Karla said you are coming in June lets try and get together.

Lisa Lambert McDermott said...

I love it! It turned out great. Better watch it or I will be trying to get you to decorate my house.