Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Little Shadow

In the almost eight years
of being a Mother,
I have had the best
moments of my life.
With that said,
I have had some of my
most frustrating moments as well.
Moments I have felt like
I am going to explode,
due to my frustration.
Many of those moments have come from
dealing with my spicy little Avery.
It seems every child comes
with their own personality
and some just need to push
a little harder than others.
Here is the thing....
during many of these HARD moments
in dealing with Avery,
I look at her,
and feel like I am looking
back at myself at her age.
I think to myself,
how would I want to be treated?

I found this picture of me
when I was going through all my old pictures
a few weeks ago.
I definitely see
some similarities in us.
I think Heavenly Father
sent me Avery
to teach me patience,
and to make sure I treat her
the way she should be treated.
The way I would want to be treated
even when I was being a stinker!

13 comments:

Carol_McD said...

Both of you are so darling. I love you sweet daughter of mine! I couldn't ask for a better daughter.

Gazdik Family said...

Our whole family stared at the pictures with an awe!! You two look so much a like!! And I read the post with tears in my eyes, I don't know why. Mothers' pain, growth, and prayer. I felt your voice echoing in my heart.

jamie t. said...

You guys do look so similar!

I feel that way about my little Anna. I always tell myself to breath... just breath when I want to scream. Ahh motherhood :)

Candi said...

i love your post about avery! my jordan is the same way, he can push my buttons so hard some days that i just want to cry, but then he is the sweetest little boy! i think jordan and avery have a lot in come and they both are the cutest little things. are you coming to utah this summer? i would love to be able to see you and your cute kids again. and btw you do have to feed the lizards live crickets. it really isn't that bad. and over the last few days i have caught brooklyn in there but so far we have done really well.

Laurie said...

You are both so cute. I miss Avery and that picture makes me want to hug her. She has so much emotion in her little body and I think you do a great job helping her to know how to channel it. Keep up the good work.

Holbrook Family said...

Every time I see Avery I feel like I'm looking at you. Pretty soon I'll be able to see her at the age I remember you being. She is a doll. I have one of those challenging little people, too, and it is hard. You are such a good momma and Avery is a good girl. I love those pics.

Jennifer said...

Oh, my goodness! I don't think I would have known the difference. That's so neat. :)

Teri said...

That is something that I needed to be reminded, treat them how you would want to be treated. K seriously you don't think the two of you are twins? When I saw her a few summers ago I thought that she looked exactly like you!!! Thanks for the reminder!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

I also had to take a double look to make sure they weren't the same girl. How amazing to have a daughter who looks just as beautiful as her mother! You are an amazing mommy and how lucky your family is to have you!

Monica said...

What a sweet post. You guys look so much alike!! Wow! So cute!!

Gavin & Jonell said...

My goodness you guys look so much alike that is crazy! My kids don't really look like me! Isn't motherhood crazy! I'm sure you are wonderful and will be with every challenging moment that will come! Love your thoughts, thanks for sharing, you're so sweet!

Leah said...

That was so sweet and oddly timed reading on my behalf. My Avery is screaming her little guts out in the laundry room because she would not stop talking after I put her to bed. She has given me a wonderful opportunity to have child free nights for the next week due to her freak out...6pm is when my little miss will be marching up to her room for the upcoming week. That ought to solve this issue real quick. Anyhow, best of patient wishes from one mom who has many moments of frustrations to another. Love ya, keep up the good work!

The White Wash said...

Oh my sweet Amy and Avery!!! I love and miss both of you:) I love to see how much you do look alike. So darling!!!