Monday, September 21, 2009

Playing with Cousins


Cousins came from ST. LOUIS this past weekend to PLAY with us.

We ENJOYED the new LEGO store at Easton...

So many things to make...


and A HUGE variety of COLORS!


My Brother, along with Scottie, Parker, & Tommy
had a great time picking out all sorts of colors and sizes of Legos to buy.
I felt bad at the time I wouldn't let Kayla or Avery get any.
But by the end of the weekend after many failed attempts to keep the Legos off the floor and only in the playroom, I realized we need to wait until Evan is older to buy any.


Ahhhh... and this is my FABULOUS brother Rich! The Orthodontist, Children's Book Author, and Father to 3 Genius boys... and a little bit of a workaholic.

Lisa, Rich's BEAUTIFUL wife, is the kind of person I want to be in the kitchen, always cooking up something yummy. She made the BEST cookies:
1 c.butter
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1 1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1 c. coconut
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. Chocolate chips
Cream butter & sugar; add vanilla and eggs. Mix well. Add flour, sifted with salt, baking powder, and soda; add oatmeal, Rice Krispies and coconut. Make small balls and bake at 375 for 9 minutes.
(I don't know what our family would do without her and Spencer at Thanksgiving.)

Nothing like wearing out the kids with a little kick ball.
Rich & Lisa, Thanks for coming & visiting us!

Once again... here is Evan wearing his FOOTBALL jersey... Spencer makes sure his son is supporting OSU for ALL game days. Poor kids has no chance but to be a BUCKEYE FAN.

7 comments:

Angie said...

He is so handsome!

Laurie said...

hunter would love that lego store. i want to go there! Elsie sneaks off to hunter's room to play with his legos, despite our efforts to keep the door closed. she hasn't eaten any yet. love your yard. can't wait to play kickball with you in it.

Angie Startin said...

There's a lego store?? Awesome. Sounds like a fun weekend!

Holbrook Family said...

Lisa's food is always healthy, too! What a fun weekend. I agree with you on the legos. I love Evan - he is growing way too fast!

Monica said...

Hey Amy! Cute blog. I found your blog and will probably add you to my list of friends too if that is okay. :) So, I think that I am going to go and pick some more raspberries on Monday if you want to come! Also, lets totally plan a time to play with Adobe!

Lisa Lambert McDermott said...

We had a great time! Thanks to all of you for a great weekend. We love you and look forward to Thanksgiving.

Loved the sweet and sassy girl stuff too! Looks like Avery had a great birthday.

The White Wash said...

I miss you guys!!! I am happy you all got to get together. Can't wait to see you:) Love ya!!!