Sunday, March 15, 2009

KEEP'IN BUSY

The count down to Spring is here, this FRIDAY!!!  Kayla has the following week off and Spencer too!  January through March are my least favorite months of the year but we have been keeping so busy time is flying by.

We took the girls to REI, Spence needed new tires for his bike, and the climbing wall was open.  They have been dying to try climbing for awhile.  (I love FREE entertainment!)  Going up the wall twice wasn't enough, I am thinking it is time to take them to a climbing gym and let them play all day.  

I should have known how much Avery would love climbing since she's been climbing up things before she could walk.  She flew up the wall with no hesitation.


After YEARS of running my first 5k I finally ran another, along with 1600 other people.  Thanks to Angie who let Laurie and I know about it, we had a great time.  It is one of those events that people look forward to annually, they have a kids run after the 5k and then a St. Patrick's Parade.  Sad I won't be here next year.
  

Oh, another great way to entertain the kids for FREE, I guess if you have a pass, swimming at the YMCA.  The one I go to keeps the water almost HOT, love it!


Kayla's school does bingo four times a year, we went to the last one of the year.  Good times in elementary, a night of pizza, treats, and the chance to win some money.  No, we didn't win any money but the girls both won Beanie Babies which made their night.


Kayla has been talking non-stop about her first grade play.  She was ecstatic to be a cat and have her own lines.  Watching all the proud parents taking millions of pictures was hysterical.  The kids did a fantastic job.

 
A few weeks ago we went to a Mining Museum, crap I just realize I spelled it wrong on the photo, great... anyway they had a FREE family festival going on that had all sorts of activities for the kids to do.  I recommend checking the local calendar to see what festivities are going on.  You find out about places you would never know otherwise. 
 

If all else fails with staying busy we end up going to places like IT'Z.  I actually think my kids earned going here by staying in there room all night for a week.  Sad, I know that my kids have that awesome habit, but it vastly improved after that week.

9 comments:

Sid said...

looks fun Amy! You guys are such a cute family!

Angie said...

That run was fun, so glad you and Laurie came with me! Yes, I'm in for the Garden of the Gods!

Holbrook Family said...

That looks like so much fun - all the things we do because we have kids. It would be so boring without them! Are you still thinking about Moab this weekend?

Kandice said...

Your kiddos are getting so big! The climbing wall is such a great idea, Rach would love it !! Good luck with your move back.:)

Candi said...

It has been a fun winter. The boys are getting really good and I can tell Joe loves it! Funny I just got off the phone with Karla and she told me you are coming in to town. We would love to see you.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

You have been busy! Loved all the pics. I can't believe your girls are already rock climbing! LOVE IT! They are all adorable and I'm glad you guys are partying it up!

The Morris Family said...

What a cute blog. How do you make all of your great picture collages? You are such a busy & cute mom. You inspire me to take my kids to more fun places...When do you move to Ohio?

Holly said...

I am so impressed with all the scrapbooking. Way to go on the heading to your blog. It looks great.

Laurie Gustafson said...

I know you will miss Colorado Springs...but I am still so excited for you to come back to OHIO!!! You will miss the St. Patrick's 5k, but you get to go to Buckeye games. What more could you want...right?