Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Sand Dunes


Who knew there was a Sand Dunes National Park... I didn't, until we got there.  In 
our effort to see different places in Colorado, we decide to go to the dunes.  A place
we kept hearing about from different people.  This time a year it has a shallow
stream running through it due to the snow melt, so it is a great time to go.  
It was a trip full of moments good and bad.  We had great company and beautiful
scenery, but anyone who has been around sand knows it gets into everything... 
food, clothes, body parts.  With a little wind it also doesn't feel great!  But it is a blast 
to play in for a while.  Poor Evan ran out of clothes by the end of the day.  I thought
I packed plenty, but little bodies can poop out of everything.  I am glad we went 
and glad I can mark it off as another place we have seen! 

 

7 comments:

Candi said...

Amy so cute what a great place.

Teri said...

Did you feel like you had just had a whole facial when you got home and clean? The beach is kind of the same way, sand everywhere, but too much fun anyway. Evan is getting so big, what a cutie.

Anonymous said...

I love it when they poop through all of their clothes. Kate did that once at a meeting I brought her too - 3 outfits in 2 hours. It was awesome. The sand dunes look really fun - I'm sure the kids loved it.

Angie Startin said...

It is just me, or does Evan look a lot like Spence? If so I guess that means he will look like Kayla. Avery is TOTALLY yours though. The older she gets, the more and more I see it. I don't know if I have ever seen a little girl look SO much like her mom before. LUCKY GIRL!

Aubrey said...

That looks like so much fun! Its always fun to discover neat places when you move somewhere new. And its nice that you have some sunshine to go with it! Thats something we haven't been seeing in Columbus...

Drostan and Jennifer said...

Looks like so much fun!

Sure miss you guys!

Kortney Manning said...

You're blonde! It's so cute! Looks like the sand dunes were fun...Evan is getting so big. He's so handsom :) Check out heather karren's blog, she posted pics of our kids while we were up there...they are hilarious!! It makes me miss everyone! Also, are you guys going to an Ohio State game this year? We got tickets for the Aug 30th game...we might meet up with the Jarvis' for the weekend...just mentioning!