Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So Long Thumb... Hello EARINGS

Avery was born
with her thumb in her mouth.
She has had that thumb in her mouth
probably half her life.
So when I told her if she stopped sucking
her thumb she could get her
ears pierced,
(instead of waited until she is eight)
I thought it would never happen.
*Note the pillow & blanket in most of the pic's*
If anyone would prove me wrong
it would be this determined little lady.
After cutting underneath her tongue pretty bad,
she had a hard time sucking without it hurting.
She decided to put away her
pillow & blanket,
(her other half since she was tiny)
&
stop sucking her thumb.
After a solid week,
even checking her in the night,
she has not sucked her thumb.
We went tonight & got her ears pierced!!!

Kayla checked the calendar when we
got home & figured out
Avery will be able to
change her earrings on her
6th birthday...
I can guess what she will be wanting.

8 comments:

Libby said...

She is adorable, what a fighter! I can't believe she will be six soon!

jamie t. said...

That is too cute! Maybe there is hope for our little Brookie who we can't get to quit sucking (Although she doesn't seem quite as attached as Avery was)

I've debated getting the girls ears pierced. I didn't get mine until I was 10. Do they seem to be a hastle to take care of? Are there any downsides?

Mariel said...

That's so cute! We've really got to hook our boys up with your girls in...hmmm...15 years?

It's always fun to check in on you guys.

Jennie said...

Way to break the cycle! She is so beautiful Amy! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun this summer, I love all your pics.

Sid said...

she is so dang cute! love the earings! what a great reward!

Candi said...

so cute and i love the earings! i wish i could do that with jordan. i do not know what we are going to do. glad it worked for you guys! hope you are having a great summer.

Kortney Manning said...

Hey Amy! I need to get your contact info again. We are coming out over the weekend of Sept. 10th-13th with the Jarvis' to go to a game and hang out. We have to get together!! Email me so I can call you... kortneymanning@yahoo.com

Holbrook Family said...

It kind of makes me sad to think of Avery without her precious pillow or her thumb! I'm so impressed that she gave up both. We love the earrings at our house - good times ahead for Avery!