Wednesday, January 20, 2010

30 TODAY! TAKE A LOOK BACK...

Today I turned 30!
And decided to take a look back through the years,
to a life before marriage & kids.

I am the "BABY" of five, two brothers & two sisters.
And as you can tell by this picture, I had plenty of love growing-up.

In almost all my baby pictures my mouth is wide open.

The classic 80's family picture, 1983 I think.

Me and my big sisters, Missy & Christy.

Go BYU! This was in front of my Grandparents house in Provo, Utah.
My Dad taught accounting at BYU
until I was in 3rd grade.
Notice the fine cut job to my bangs,
and pleasant smile.

Preschool picture 1984

Oh, those wonderful day of having a FRIZZY perm,
too bad I had MANY of those days.

The annual Christmas party

The Great Salt lake Stars
Can I tell you how much I appreciate those years and the money my parents spent
on dance & gymnastics
now that I have started to pay for my girls.
Thanks Mom & Dad.

Karla & me in 7th grade

Eighth grade picture; first time wearing eyeliner.

Here again, a beautiful perm with braces, lovely days.

Senior year 1998

BHS CHEERLEADING
(I am the fourth from the right, on bottom)

Snowboarding trip to Targhee

Senior Prom friends picture

Graduation 1998

Me, Sindey, Karla, Libby, & Jennie
making our way into the world after high school.

15 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! It was such a trip going down memory lane with you! What a fun post! I loved all the pictures. Believe, me...we all had that hair! I hope you have a wonderful day! Welcome to your thirties! I hear they are some of the best years of life!

Jill said...

Happy Bday, Amy! Thank you for putting up that 7th grade pic of you and Karl :) Those never get old.

Holbrook Family said...

I love this post! I love how Missy goes from being the tallest to the smallest. I remember all of these pics and have hundreds (literally) more photos of our super fun memories. There are so many more to come, too, which is the best part. Happy birthday! I love you!

cheeks said...

happy birthday amy! i LOVE all the pictures! it's fun to see you grow up! ha ha! my fave are the perm ones! classic! so evan and avery totally look like you did as a kid! so cute! hope ya had a great day!

BRENT said...

Happy Birthday Friend. I love seeing all the pictures. Your time was well worth it and now I am not so embarrassed about my old photos, although I still don't think I would post them. Not as cute as yours. Can't wait to celebrate your thirtieth with you!

Nollie said...

So fun to get to spend part of your big day with you. The pictures are priceless and all too familiar. In the third picture you look just like Avery. Have a wonderful time in Vegas and don't gamble away too much of the rent money! :)

Angie said...

Loved all the pictures! Happy Birthday! Have a great weekend!

Teri said...

Yahhoooo your 30! Love the great photos. I've loved seeing you grow up and keeping in touch through the blogs (I should post more often). I hope you have a wonderful year, full of fun and adventure!

Jennie said...

Awww, Amy I loved seeing all of your cute pics of you growing up!! HOpe you had a Wonderful #30!!
Happy Birthday!!
Love you!

Sharlynn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a good day yesterday. Fun pictures. I can't believe how much your girls look like you in some of them.

Libby said...

Hey Amy, I've finally gotten my blog up it's mattandlibbyjacobs.blogspot.com. Did you know we are now too old to try out for American Idol (28 is the limit). Happy Birthday!!

bradandstaci said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!!! It is crazy thinking how fast time flies!!! You are and always have been a babe!!!! I love the pic of you smiling with the bright beautiful smile you have always had even as a little baby!!!

Anneliese said...

Happy Birthday Amy. Crazy that in your 3rd and 4th picture I could have sworn I was looking at avery :-)

Gazdik Family said...

All I can say is...Happy Birthday and so sorry that I missed the Lunch!!
I was so looking forward to it, knowing you and your personality, I know it must have been full of fun people and conversations!! bummer for me. I hope you had a great trip.

Candi said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I love all your pics. I hope you guys had fun in Vegas.