Monday, June 15, 2009

Angie & Easton


Four years ago Angie moved into my Ward in Worthington in Ohio, soon after we became great friends. With both are husbands in dental school and both of us having two kids we loved to escape to Easton, our favorite outdoor mall.  We would split a BBQ chicken salad from CPK and let our kids play at McDonals or run around by the fountains.  We made many great memories together.
This past weekend I was so excited to spend some of Angie's last days living in Columbus with her.  Since her husband had already packed their moving truck and left along with her two boys, I got to meet her baby Emma, who was due the same day as Evan, and hang out with Angie at her hotel.  Friday Spencer and I took our kids to eat with Angie and Emma and then swimming at the hotel.  Then Spencer took our kids home and Angie and I went to Easton.  We picked up some cheesecake and took it back to her hotel room and chatted until after midnight.  Though Angie and I had hardly talked during the two years I lived in Colorado it was as if we were back in the old days.  That is what I love about good friends, it could be a day or years since you have seen each other and it as if no time has past.  Saturday night I was lucky again to go to her hotel along with many of the women from my old ward.  It was great to spend an evening eating and chatting.  It is funny how women can get together and hours can go by sitting in one place.
 Angie thanks for all the good memories at EASTON, and all the other places!  Good luck with settling in PORT ANGLES, I am sure I will be coming to visit someday!
 
Posted by PicasaP.S.  For those who were wondering I am sad to say I not in the Worthington Ward.  The house we found is in Hilliard.  But we love the area and the ward already.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

It looks like so much fun. I love the malls there and I think the one and only time I met Angie was at Polaris when Kortney and I met you and Angie there. Good times. Good luck to Angie, and her new adventure.

Holly said...

I love the collage. That is really cool that you could get together with old friends again.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

EASTON........sigh... sigh again?! I can't believe your back! That is so crazy! I am jealous! How nice you don't have to learn a new town again! Looks like your already partying it up! Love it! Hope all is well and you guys are settling down!

The Asays said...

Hey there Amy,

It sounds like you are settling in and having a great time. We miss you out here and it is strange not seeing you. Send me you address and I will mail that book. Take care!

Kim

Angie Startin said...

I am just reading this 3 weeks after you posted it...sorry! This post made me all teary-eyed. I love it. I LOVE YOU! It was a great night, wasn't it? We have had some seriously good times. If I had to be mistaken for a swinger there is no one I would rather do it with! I will miss you and we will do a much better job at keeping in touch...promise! You are one of the best friends I have ever had and I look forward to the next time we get to hang out. Love you, love your family, love it all :)