It has been a big week for me... I learned two new skills. First, Laurie and I used our mad tree climbing skills and picked a bunch of crabapples and learned how to make crabapple jelly. Then I learned how to make bread (without Spencer's help). Well he actually found the recipe and made it first. Then yesterday I did it myself! I have always wanted to be one of those great Moms (and wife) who has homemade bread waiting for the family when they come home. So you can imagine how happy I am now that I have this new skill. I know, I know, for all those that make bread, that it is not that hard. But needless to say I was still scared to even try. Anywhoooo, for those that want to try this fantastic Amish White Bread recipe, here you go! It is a great website!Friday, October 3, 2008
TrYiNG to be DOmEsTic
It has been a big week for me... I learned two new skills. First, Laurie and I used our mad tree climbing skills and picked a bunch of crabapples and learned how to make crabapple jelly. Then I learned how to make bread (without Spencer's help). Well he actually found the recipe and made it first. Then yesterday I did it myself! I have always wanted to be one of those great Moms (and wife) who has homemade bread waiting for the family when they come home. So you can imagine how happy I am now that I have this new skill. I know, I know, for all those that make bread, that it is not that hard. But needless to say I was still scared to even try. Anywhoooo, for those that want to try this fantastic Amish White Bread recipe, here you go! It is a great website!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't believe you didn't know how to make bread - I make all different kinds and I grind my own wheat (after I harvest it in my backyard). Maybe if you keep trying these new things you will catch up with my Martha skills. Seriously, I am super impressed. What exactly is a crabapple (how is it different from a regular apple or is it just a type of apple)? I should probably ask you these questions in private, so I don't look dumb. Oh well. Way to go friend!
Lisa doesn't make bread very much, so if you've ever felt intimidated by her domesticity you don't need ta anymore.
You are the mad tree climber. I am so glad to have you here so we can make these great memories together. The bread looks delicious.
that bread looks so good - way to go! i am totally impressed!
Yum! I am definitely going to try this recipe! I'm afraid of bread too! It think it's the yeast and the fact that you have to let it rise! I never know when enough is enough! This all looks delicious!
Looks Yummy - I am so impressed! I love all your recent posts. And, That little Evan is getting so big...he is adorable! I must say I LOVE the princess party - that would be both my girls dream to have a party like that. Birthday Parties are the best!
Post a Comment