Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I need some advice!


My little girl after six months of being potty trained is having more "accidents" everyday. I think it all started after putting her in pull-ups for road trips and telling her it was ok to go to pee in them when there were no rest stops around. Now we are really paying for it! We can't go anywhere with out dealing with wet pants. I am going crazy. We have offered to get her a bike or scooter if she went a week dry. No luck! I have heard of this happening to other friends and now I need to know what to do to make it stop! If you have any advise, I am happy to hear it. Thanks!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay this is really lame because I am only 19 and I have never potty-trained a human but as a matter of fact I just got out of an analysis of behavior class and believe it or not the last day we talked about potty training, and yes I didn't pay close attention but I will go over my notes and things from class just so I make sure i tell you correct information, but one thing i do know is that rewards given over a long term do nothing, the best way to get a person to do something, such as potty train, is to give an immediate reward...I dunno if that will help but that is the basis of my knowledge, so maybe instead of offering a reward for going a whole week start small! When finals are over though I would look at more stuff for you!

AMY MICHELLE said...

Thank you Stefanie, we will give it a try. Avery couldn't ask for a better cousin!

Unknown said...

amy that has got to be so frustrating. Do you think that it has anything to do with the new baby? When brooklyn was born, Zach reverted back to wetting his pants. I know that doesn't really help. I would try the potty treat thing, I think that works most of the time. Although, how long was she potty trained before this happened.

Teri said...

Huge bummer! Maybe just starting over? doing things like a potty training chart to put stickers on, a treat after each potty, we even did a victory dance after each potty. I'm sure boys are different though. We did the big reward too, we'd buy toys and put them on the back of the toilet so when he went so many times he'd get it. we usually caved in though and gave them to him early. If you have any tips on not wetting the bed, I'm all ears.

AMY MICHELLE said...

Today I am taking some of the advise and offering Avery to get a treat tonight if she stays dry. I love the idea of putting a reward on the back on the toilet, maybe we will try that next.

Anonymous said...

Digital Scrapbooking is so much easier, especially with kids. There aren't any messes all over the house and little stray paper scraps everywhere. There are a whole bunch of links on the sidebar on my blog. A lot of those have free papers and stuff for download. It is so much cheaper than real paper. I also use photoshop. Hope that helps!

Teri said...

Okay Amy, that picture of your little guy to the right is the cutest darn thing. His little face is so sweet. I know I've said it before, but you have the cutest little kids! You must have more to beautify this earth! I'm going to tell Sean when you guys plan on heading through Moab and see if we can plan to meet up with you. If you get some details email me teridrew@gmail.com.

Kortney Manning said...

So, as I post this, I know people will think Greg and I are inhumane, and terrible parents. But I promise it worked for us. Reese started having accidents for no apparent reason after Truman was born. So, after dealing with a few, I was done with it! One night she had an accident in the middle of the living room for no reason, and so I told her we would have to wash her bum off, but the only thing that cleans pee or poop off your bum, is cold water. So I stuck her in the tub and washed her off with only cold water. (it was as traumatic for me, as it was for her!) After that she did it only ONE more time, and two ice cold baths did the trick. (by the way, I splashed her butt with the water, I didn't make her sit in it...for all those thinking they need to call child protective services!) The thing is, they are big enough to know better, and that is the only reason this works. After that, the threat of it alone while reminding her to go potty was enough!! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

love to have your daughters pee soaked panties, smell her pee and herpussy